Oddly, this is one situation in my life where I rather enjoy blending into the crowd... Actually, it might be the only such situation.
I can feel my legs cramping as I type this. The stairs are what induced my 4-5 day stint two weeks ago of walking like an 80-year old man and are a constant reminder of how much I want to live in either a) an elevator building, or b) a ranch home.
It was also Fun with Tires day, and we all know how much I LOVE those tires!* Squat presses with the tires, sit-ups in the tires, just plain old holding the tire above your head. What could be better?**
The boys also saw great benefit in sending us running up and down the stairs in between exercises today, which was good fun and good for me.***
I was also given a personal ration of shit from Ruben, who, although I'm sure he was just kidding, went to great lengths to rag on one accessory I wore today which I deemed totally and completely necessary: my orange sweatband. I used to just mop up the copious sweat from my brow with my t-shirt, but since I've sweat straight through it about 15 minutes in these past few days, I felt the need to call in reinforcements. I won't even begin to comment on the laughs he got from my bowling socks. I know it's time to bring my laundry to the laundry ladies when all I have left are the bowling socks. And besides, who doesn't love bowling!?
Hey, at least I managed to wash my shirt last night!
I'm taking tomorrow off (most likely to submerge myself in an Epsom Salt Bath all day long), and will be back on Friday, where I'm sure I'll be running up and down the stairs with tires on each arm.****
*Alex and/or Ruben, if you're reading this, I really mean it, I LOVE TIRES. Doesn't that make you want to take them away from me? Severe punishment for me would be a life without tires! ... I can see now that I'm working my way slowly into a full-blown tire workout... Eeesh.
** Oh, I don't know... maybe if I hid all the tires.
***I'm just digging myself a shallow grave with all this sarcasm. I can feel it. My poor legs can feel it. Must. Stop. Now.
****This is not even possible. I am not capable of this task and feel no need to test that fact. I'm just sayin'.
** Oh, I don't know... maybe if I hid all the tires.
***I'm just digging myself a shallow grave with all this sarcasm. I can feel it. My poor legs can feel it. Must. Stop. Now.
****This is not even possible. I am not capable of this task and feel no need to test that fact. I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:
I started laughing out loud when I saw the pic of your orange head band, but then I had to stop b/c laughing and breathing sort of hurt. I think they broke my abs yesterday :(.
Post a Comment