I should have seen trouble a-brewin' when Alex told only Sari and me to go with Ruben while the other 8 or so people stayed with him.
When we got to Ruben, he had us grab a tire on which we did squat thrusts, lifting the tire overhead after each one. Torture, you say? Read on.
Then the hurdles, and back to Ruben in Tireland. More squat thrusts. Or squat presses. Or whatever the hell. All I remember is when he said
Ok. Up to eleven.
No, it's not a Spinal Tap reference. He wanted Sari and I each to take a tire and run (ha!) up to the 11th floor and back down.
Amazingly, I didn't die. But I did scream to Sari at one point
Nickelsburg! I'm trapped in this horrible nightmare where they've got me on the stairs with a tire. Wake me up!!!
And there was more, but I don't really remember it. I think I also fell asleep standing up in the shower. Luckily, I did manage to squeeze in a full eight hours of sleep last night, which I believe is the only reason I'm alive right now.

1 comment:
I think I'm a fame-whore. I love when I co-star in your blog entries. So narcissistic!
Post a Comment